Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Morning Routine

My mom got Brett a Keurig coffee maker a couple of years ago for Christmas and he loves it, he makes himself a cup of coffee almost every morning and Corinne has always been mesmerized by the process. When you turn it on the water reservoir is illuminated by a blue light which immediately gets her attention. Sometimes the coffee maker is left on long after we're done with it and then I affectionately refer to it as the "fish tank." I should probably mention that it is sooo much more than a coffee maker - I don't like coffee, but it comes with K-cups for hot chocolate and tea too! And, this Christmas I got my very own K-cups. Hooray!

It makes noise, has lights that blink, moving parts and eventually an aromatic liquid comes out so I can understand why she's taken such an interest. Apparently, she's watched Brett & I make beverages often enough that she has absorbed the entire process. Here is photographic evidence:


We still have to turn the machine on for her, but once it has warmed up she knows just where to look for the K-cups. Brett currently has 3 different types of coffee so I usually ask him which blend he wants, choose the K-cup and hand it to Corinne. She takes it from there and correctly places it in the coffee maker.







Then she pulls down the lid











Once the lid is down, you have to select the size cup you want - it defaults to the size Brett usually drinks, so we skip this step most of the time - and then you push the blinking button to start brewing. In this shot the blue button is lit up.








She pushes the blinking button and viola! she has made her daddy's morning coffee. He is always grateful. I should make it clear that she needs absolutely no prompting for the process, she knows exactly what to do and the order in which to do it. I'm impressed, especially since it took me a good week to figure it all out. She's a smart kid! I should also point out that even after you push the blinking button it takes a few seconds for the liquid to start pouring and by that time I have moved her to a safe distance so that she can watch the cup fill up with out the danger of getting burned.




No comments:

Post a Comment