Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Essentials

We closed on our house on Tuesday, February 16th...the day of a major snow storm. We were on a level 2 snow emergency and my office closed for the day. We moved all of our furniture that weekend and officially started living in our house. Many thanks to our friend Matt and my brother Scott for helping with the furniture, and to my mom for keeping Corinne all day! We were gradually packing up car loads of 'stuff' and then this past Saturday my dad brought over his truck and he & Brett made the final trips to get everything moved from the apartment to the house. On Monday Mom & I cleaned the apartment and I can finally say that we are done!

Who knew we had so much stuff?!? For now we are living with the essentials; the kitchen is up & running, our closets have been moved and we have all of the day-to-day living necessities. The unfinished half of our basement is full of boxes, but thanks to Brett it is very well organized and I have a feeling that we be unpacking boxes for months to come.

Here are a few pictures of the main floor;



I am looking forward to settling in to our home, I can't wait for the snow to melt and the temperature to rise so that we can start to enjoy our back yard. I'm excited to see what spring will bring and perhaps add a few personal touches.

1 comment: