Friday, October 1, 2010

Hit the Road 2010

A couple of years ago my employer started an incentive program where teams of up to 5 employees track their daily activity and log their miles over a 60-day period. The incentive program runs each fall concurrent with football season and so at the end of the season the teams' total miles are tallied and based on the total miles your team accumulated, your team is entered into drawings for all kinds of different prizes.

If each person on the team walks an average of 1 mile per day, the team is considered 'Bowl Eligible'
If each person on the team walks an average of 2.7 miles per day, the team is considered 'Top 25 Ranking'
If each person on the team walks an average of 5.2 miles per day, the team is considered 'Conference Champion'
If each person on the team walks an average of 7 miles per day, the team is considered 'National Champion'

This year I am the captain of my team and I have 4 other wonderful women walking with me. We are trying to think of fun and creative ways to earn our miles. So far, instead of taking the bus, I am walking in to my office after I drop Corinne off at school...and then walking back to her school at the end of the day. We are also planning to get together as a team to walk on Saturday mornings at one of the metro parks in and around the city...then maybe we'll pick a restaurant and have brunch after our walk.

Do you have any other ideas for ways we could Hit the Road as a team?

No comments:

Post a Comment