Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meet Finn

Brett & I got Corinne her first pet! Since Brett is allergic to cats and we're not quite ready to take on the responsibility of a dog since we'll be adding a baby to our family in just a few months, we decided that a fish would be a great place to start. So, the week after Christmas Brett ran around and picked up all of the necessities (tank, filter, gravel, etc.) and set everything up in the basement for Corinne to find, she was so excited when she noticed the addition and soon after we all piled in the car and drove to the pet store so she could pick out a fish.

Then, about a week later we left for vacation - oops. We were both pretty nervous that we would come home to a floating fish, but we got lucky and he survived our abandonment. He's a hearty little guy.

This is Finnegan or "Finn" - he's a fantail goldfish and he's really dumb...but really cute. And, he begs! No joke. I'll be sitting on the couch and he will swim up and down in his tank, just watching me and hoping I'll open his jar of pellets and toss a few in for him. Honestly? Sometimes it works, it tugs at my heart and creeps me out a little to have his fishy eyes staring at me.

Eventually we'll probably get him a friend...I feel bad for him, I think he's lonely. Brett takes really good care of him and Corinne just adores him. They have a big fish tank with 8-10 fish at the entrance of her school and she tells them "good morning" and "bye-bye" almost every day so we were pretty certain that she would enjoy having a fish of her very own. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment